In 2017, there were 501 motorcycle deaths in Texas. If you’ve been hurt in a motorcycle accident that wasn’t your fault, things can get confusing. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by another driver’s negligence, you have the right to seek financial compensation for expenses related to your injuries and other damages. Our Texas motorcycle accident lawyers can help. We can take the necessary steps to prove another party’s negligence led to your accident.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists have little to no protection while riding which means, injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident can be serious and life threatening and may include the following:
- Brain damage
- Bone fractures
- Internal injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Lower extremity injuries
- Neck injuries
- Road rash
- Severe head trauma
- Spinal cord injuries
Damages in a Texas Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit
Legal damages can be concrete like a medical bill or intangible like pain and suffering. If you suffered any of the following types of injuries or losses, a motorcycle attorney accident can help you recover compensation in a personal injury lawsuit.
- Past and future medical treatment. A motorcycle accident victim may be entitled to compensation for past or future medical treatment.
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity. If you missed work as a result of a motorcycle accident, you can recover lost income. You may also be entitled to damages for the amount of income you will lose over your lifetime if your earning capacity has been reduced by the injuries sustained in the accident.
- Property damage. You may be able to recover financially for damage to your motorcycle, helmet, and other personal property.
- Pain and suffering. Texas law recognizes the right of motorcycle accident victims to sue for pain and suffering.
- Loss of enjoyment. Injured parties may recover compensation for the loss of enjoyment of recreational activities or time spent with family and friends.
- Loss of consortium. Motorcycle accident victims can recover damages if they lose the ability to enjoy intimate relations with their spouse has been impacted.
- Punitive damages. Under Texas law, you may be entitled to punitive damages if the party who caused your injuries behaved in an extremely careless manner.
Amarillo Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Only an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer who has represented bikers in the past can calculate the amount of damages to which you’re entitled in your motorcycle accident lawsuit. If you were in an Amarillo motorcycle crash and you need help, you should contact our Amarillo motorcycle accident attorneys right away. We pursue maximum compensation for victims of motorcycle accidents, including operators and those who sustained motorcycle passenger injuries.